Makes: 2 16oz Servings
- 2 Cups Milk (I used Horizon Organics' 0% skim)
- 3 Tablespoons Canned Pumpkin (I used Libby's)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar (I used Florida Crystals' Organic Cane Sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract (I used McCormick)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup of strong coffee
- Whipped Cream (I used light, spray can)
The ingredients listed above can easily be adjusted to suit your own taste or dietary needs. How many calories is this? I have no idea, but you'll note the use of skim milk and light cream in my own trial.
Combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring until steaming. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and pumpkin spice. Using a metal whisk, whisk the mixture until nice and foamy. Empty the mixture into two 16oz mugs - filling each only halfway. Top the mug with coffee and stir. Garnish your creation with a swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice and/or cinnamon.