In keeping with our Road Trip theme, the crew over at 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment hooked us up with some RIO 2 Road Trip packs for the car, along with a DigitalHD copy of RIO 2 for the road. If you haven't seen the movie yet, in it, the family of blue mackaws take a trip of their own, the parents taking the kids out to see the world - a cinematic parallel to our journey, if you will.
Movie aside, the activities and essentials (RIO 2 coloring sheets, Crayola colored pencils, window clings, kleenex - and even the bags they all came in) were fun and appreciated to keep the girls occupied for a little bit over the course of the first leg of our journey, which seemed exceptionally long, but I Instagrammed from every stop - of which there were many. We'd revisit RIO 2 on the laptop later, but the road was long and winding...
We set out from the Northern Suburbs of Chicago around 2pm on a Saturday, and rolled into Philadelphia around breakfast time. Too early for our hotel to be ready, my wife and I were functioning on very little sleep, but the real adventure was about to begin, and our girls were ready to take Philly by storm...
To Be Continued...
- READ PART II: The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the ROCK EXPERIENCE
- READ THE ROCK FATHER's Philly Cheese Steak Challenge: Pat's Vs. Geno's
- READ PART III: SESAME PLACE, Langhorne, PA
- READ Part IV: THE CRAYOLA EXPERIENCE, Easton, PA
- READ PART V: HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE WORLD, Hershey, PA
- READ PART VI: The J.M. Smucker Company Store, Orrville, OH and the Road Home