“Holiday in the Park is the biggest addition to our season in the park’s 42-year history and the most thrilling holiday event in the entire Midwest,” said Six Flags Great America Park President Hank Salemi. “We are excited to be joining our sister parks to present what has become a beloved and time-honored holiday tradition throughout North America. Our park has been transformed into an enchanting, winter wonderland where families and friends can gather to enjoy the magic and wonder of this very special time of the year.”
Holiday in the Park will delight guests of all ages with mouth-watering, culinary treats; spectacular performances; and the park’s signature lineup of record-breaking roller coasters, rides and thrilling attractions including Raging Bull, BATMAN The Ride and THE JOKER™ Free Fly Coaster. Park goers will also enjoy interacting with holiday characters, making s’mores over open fire pits, state-of-the-art musical light shows, and visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Holiday in the Park Highlights:
- More than 40 rides, shows and attractions, including the fan-favorite Raging Bull;
- More than two million dazzling LED lights;
- Photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus next to a cozy fireplace at the North Pole;
- Exciting entertainment featuring a magnificent holiday revue, Wonderland at the Grand;
- Delicious seasonal treats like peppermint, red velvet funnel cakes and hand-dipped, holiday caramel apples;
- A 50-foot Holiday Square Tree that lights up each night with a spectacular LED ribbon wrapped from top to bottom; and
- An incredible 200-foot tall synchronized LED light tree created from lights strung from the top of the Giant Drop ride.
Holiday in the Park runs weekends and select days through December 31 and is included with all Season Passes and active Memberships. For more information about Six Flags Great America’s inaugural Holiday in the Park, check out the official site.