The folks at Sterling International (makers of RESCUE! Pest Control Products) sent over some tips for getting Stink Bugs under control and out of your house - one of which includes their all-natural RESCUE! Stink Bug Traps, which are available from my affiliate, Plow & Hearth.
1. Seal off entry points: Inspect the outside of your home for easy access points. Pay close attention to siding, window air-conditioners and chimneys. Use silicone caulk to seal cracks and holes.
2. Replace and repair: Check for damaged window or door screens and for torn weather-stripping and loose mortar. Repair.
3. Trap them before they come indoors: To catch the stink bugs in the fall before they move inside, hang a trap - like the all-natural RESCUE! Stink Bug Trap - at eye level from a tree branch, stake or pole 15-20 feet from the house.
4. Turn off the lights: Keep outdoor lighting to a minimum. During the evenings, turn off porch lights and pull down window blinds to prevent light from spilling outside.
5. Ventilate: Properly ventilate basements, attics, garages and crawl spaces to eliminate harborage points.
6. Think before squishing: When disturbed or crushed, stink bugs have a tendency to release a bad-smelling odor. Instead, pick them up with a tissue and flush them down the toilet. Do not throw them back outside. They will just turn around and come right back in.
For more rock delivered daily, including the latest in great music, cool toys, and fun for the whole family - "like" The Rock Father on Facebook.