FITNESS SERIES AT THE PARK
Kicking off June 12 and running through August 31, local fitness instructors and organizations will lead free classes for the Lakeview community in an outdoor setting on the Park at Wrigley’s grass surface.
On Mondays at 6 p.m. local fitness group Shred415 will lead a group Run Club, excluding gamedays. Runners should meet at the south stage at the Park.
On Wednesdays at 7 a.m. neighbors can participate in high-intensity interval training “Bootcamp.” Certified Personal Trainer, Kate Lemere, will lead sessions June 14 and 28, July 12 and 26, and August 9 and 23. CrossTown Fitness brings trainers including Certified Personal Trainer, Stephanie Rountree, June 21, July 5 and 19, August 2, 16 and 30.
On Thursdays at 7 a.m. guests are invited to improve their mental and physical strength with yoga and Pilates sessions. MindFuel Wellness will host sessions on June 15 and 29, July 13 and 27, and August 10 and 24. Bloom Yoga Studio will host sessions June 22, July 6 and 20, and August 3, 17 and 31.
MUSIC BOX THEATRE MOVIES AT THE PARK
Lakeview’s venerable Music Box Theatre will host six free sundown Movies at the Park beginning at 7 p.m. Each screening will feature an exciting preshow guest appearance. Viewing schedule and preshow details follow:
- June 14: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – Preshow details to be announced.
- June 28: The Jungle Book – As an extension of Music Box Theatre’s Cinema Science program and in collaboration with the Field Museum, ornithologist Sushma Reddy will provide visitors with insights behind the science of the film, The Jungle Book.
- July 12: Rookie of the Year – Actor, singer, musician, producer, director, writer and Rookie of the Year star Thomas Ian Nicholas will highlight his experience playing Cubs pitcher Henry Rowengartner.
- July 26: Ghostbusters – Guests can snap a photo with the Windy City Ghostbusters, plus the Gatekeeper, Keymaster, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and Inflatable Slimmer.
- August 9: The Sandlot – Preshow details to be announced.
- August 23: The Blues Brothers – Live music performed by Old Town School of Folk Music.
Food and beverages including Nuts on Clark, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, and food truck faire will be available for purchase at each showing. Limited reserved seating will be available onsite. Space is limited, so please arrive on time to secure your space. For more information, please visit: https://www.parkatwrigley.com/events/movies-in-the-park/2017-06-14
GREEN CITY MARKET AT THE PARK PRESENTED BY CRATE AND BARREL
Green City Market at the Park, presented by Crate and Barrel, will bring local, sustainably raised foods to the Park at Wrigley on Thursdays from 4-8 p.m., June 15 through October 26, excluding gamedays. Green City Market, Chicago’s largest and first year-round sustainable farmers market, will showcase chef demonstrations, Club Sprouts educational programing, composting, and a Link Matching Program along with their sustainable, locally sourced food vendors.
Starting at 6:30 p.m., top Chicago-area chefs will demonstrate recipes using seasonal and sustainable ingredients from market vendors. These approachable cooking demonstrations will provide inspiration and guidance for how to cook with market ingredients in your own home.
The Green City Market Chef Demonstration schedule follows:
- June 15: Peter Klein, Seedling
- June 22: Bob Broskey, Beacon Tavern
- July 6: Brad Newman/Mikey Taormina, Cookies & Carnitas
- July 13: Martial Noguier, Bistronomic
- July 20: Joseph Flamm, Spiaggia
- July 27: Details to be announced
- August 10: Charles Welch, Honey
- September 7: Details to be announced
- September 21: Ken Carter, Gather
- September 28: John Crue, The Radler
- October 5: Edward Kim, Ruxbin
- October 12: Emily Stewart, Bang Bang Pie Shop
- October 19: Zachary Dawson, La Storia
- October 26: Details to be announced
For more information, please visit: https://www.parkatwrigley.com/events/green-city-market/2017-06-15
OLD TOWN SCHOOL OF FOLK MUSIC AT THE PARK
The legendary Old Town School of Folk Music will host free biweekly morning and afternoon music programs at the Park at Wrigley. Starting Tuesday, June 13, from 10 – 10:45 a.m. the Wiggleworms® early childhood music program welcomes young children and their families to participate in an interactive, social and imaginative musical world with live music, shakers, bubbles, singing, and dancing. Afternoon music will take place from 4 – 5:30 p.m. featuring interactive educational experiences and live performances including guitar lessons, jug band jams and dance.
Music sessions take place on Tuesdays from 10-10:45 a.m. and 4-5:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- June 13 with special morning guests Laura Doherty & The Heartbeats
- June 27
- July 11
- July 18
- August 8
- August 22
For more information, please visit: https://www.parkatwrigley.com/events/children-music/2017-06-13