Now, in fairness, I have a $500 Dyson that I bought a few years back, and I haven't used the DC41 - so an exact test of the claim isn't possible. But the Eureka has a small but mighty price, making a bold claim for a machine that sells for less than $100 as a Walmart Exclusive.
Here's some of what Eureka touts with this model:
- Unlike most other vacuums, Eureka AirSpeed ALL FLOORS’ AirSpeed Technology uses an efficient floor-to-cup air path with limited twists and turns that decreases the distance dust needs to travel and increases airflow, providing maximum suction power.
- Engineered to clean a multitude of surfaces in your home, the Eureka AirSpeed ALL FLOORS features a brushroll that can be turned on to deep clean carpets, and off to safely remove dirt and debris from bare floors.
- The vacuum’s suction control valve lets you direct all of the power to the floors or to the tools, so you can deep clean to stairs, furniture and crevices.
- With a unique Smooth-Glide pivoting base, the Eureka AirSpeed ALL FLOORS is easy to push across carpets - while providing a superior, deep clean.
I will say that all of those claims seem to hold true, and what I was particularly impressed with is the suction and brush action on our lowest-pile, but large area rugs that the girls play on. It cleans REALLY well. Unexpectedly well, in fact.
Putting it to the visible test for all of you, we shot some video presenting a few "challenges." Cheerios on the carpet? Chalk or Rice Krispies on the laminate? How about cereal on the upholstery? Take a peek at how the AirSpeed ALL FLOORS fared...
Video: The Eureka AirSpeed ALL FLOORS Vacuum at Rock Father HQ
While cleaning is undoubtedly the most important factor with a vacuum, we're also talking about a significant value here with the Eureka vs. it's competitors, and while the AirSpeed ALL FLOORS wins on the power and suction for an incredibly low price, there are some trade-offs (a few "Cons," you could say) when compared to the Dyson that I've been using for ages.
- Shorter Cord.
- More "Steps" involved with either switches or accessories (not nearly as intuitive).
- Not as comfortably weighted.
If you can sacrifice a little streamlining (and probably a few patents) for a lot of power for a little price, then the Eureka AirSpeed ALL FLOORS Vacuum just might be what you're looking for.
Honestly, I still can't get over how much bang for the buck is here... and I got mine for free!
Bonus: Little Finley is only 21 months old, and she's getting in on the action by helping Daddy. This vac is light!