1. Sunglasses: It's good to have several pairs on-hand, and I've been wearing Anarchy Eyewear for a bit. While a great pair of shades has some surface benefits like style and UV protection (I have really light-sensitive eyes), they can also help with anxiety, which I also have. I try not to wear them inside (which tends to make one look jerk-ish), yet I can understand why some might. I do like wearing them on airplanes, though.
2. Headphones or Earbuds: Have you ever seen the film Léon: The Professional? In it, Stansfield (played by Gary Oldman) is seen popping in a pair of earbuds before some, shall we say, "challenging" moments. Music sets the mood, and even the most extreme sounds can have a calming effect on certain individuals - myself included.
3. Look Good. Be Shaven. - It's true that there's a spot on my chin on which lives a goatee that's roughly 8" from base to tip. I got out the measuring tape this morning just to verify for the record. How long will my goatee eventually grow? I have no idea, but part of keeping the look rocking proper is keeping the rest of my face nice, clean and smooth. The tool of late is the Schick® Xtreme3® Sensitive Razor with vitamin E and aloe and 3 blades that flex and pivot to adapt to the contours of my face for a close shave. There's nothing that ruins the "cool" more than having stubble and razor burn getting sweated on - it's not just the look that counts, but the feel.
4. Guitar Picks: If you've read my other tips for Schick®, you might've seen me mention my signature edition guitar picks in other situations. They're multi-purpose. You know how some people diddle or roll a coin between their fingers to calm their nerves (the Batman villain "Two-Face" comes to mind)? I do the same with guitar picks - daily.
5. A Smile: When all else fails, a smile goes a long way... and even if you've got a thousand things to do, an endless stream of activities and places to be with the kids (and it just took 20 minutes to simply get them into the car), it's all good!
Bonus: Bubblegum. I chew it often.