The Random Rock:
0. YES! TOMAHAWK, one of Mike Patton's many bands, has issued a teaser for their new album. ODDFELLOWS will hit the streets Fall 2012.
1. SLASH featuring MYLES KENNEDY and the CONSPIRATORS will be touring North America in July. For full Global Tour Dates hit this link.
2. NO DOUBT will finally release a new album on September 25, 2012. It's been 11 years since their last album. A lot has happened since then.
3. HOOBASTANK are the latest former-major labelers to go their own way. FIGHT OR FLIGHT will be self-released on July 31st. Stream a new track on their official site.
4. MELVINS LITE are streaming a new track over at Rolling Stone. The line-up is Buzz Osborne, Dale Crover and Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle, Fantomas & Tomahawk). Album will see a June 5, 2012 release via Ipecac Recordings - where nearly everything is awesome all the time.
5. ALKALINE TRIO frontman MATT SKIBA and the SEKRETS are streaming their new record in-full over at ArtistDirect.
6. The RIVERBOAT GAMBLERS will release their new album THE WOLF YOU FEED on May 22nd. Unlock some rock over at their official site.
7. Actor JEREMY SISTO has a musical project called ESCAPE TAILOR, and the first video can be seen here.
8. Ex-KORN Guitarist Brian "Head" Welch has released a video called "Chemicals" from his new band, LOVE AND DEATH. Not bad. The band will also be on Rockline next Monday, May 14.
9. Milwaukee's LOWTALKER have signed to No Sleep Records and are recording a new EP right now. Get details.
10. ADRENALINE MOB have released a video for "Indifferent."
11 WHITECHAPEL have released their first studio webisode in support of their new Metal Blade release, which will arrive later this year.
12. ALL SHALL PERISH have issued their song "Death Plague" to the ROCK BAND NETWORK.
13. CALLmeKAT has a new video for "Sunny Day."
14. HAMMER NO MORE FINGERS will release their PINK WORM EP on June 12.
15. YOUNG HINES has released a music video for his song, "Can't Explode."
16. THE CULT will perform a song from their forthcoming album CHOICE OF WEAPON on JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE on May 18th. The record drops on the 22.
17. THREAT SIGNAL have debuted a video for their song called "Uncensored." Not sure if the video actually is uncensored, but it's the name of the song. The track comes from their self-titled Nuclear Blast release.
18. RED FANG is hitting the road. Check out their tour dates on Facebook.
19. WATAIN have issued a trailer for their forthcoming DVD, OPUS DIABOLI. The disc arrives June 5th.
20. CANNIBAL CORPSE are headed for Europe in suppport of their new Metal Blade release, TORTURE. Hit their Facebook for Dates.
21. GUN BARREL will are streaming their new album BRACE FOR IMPACT over at Bandcamp. It comes out May 22 in North America.
22. Amazon has a pretty awesome $5 album sale again, but since Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is still an idiot, Amazon won't work with Illinois affiliates, so no direct links from this site.
23. YELLOWCARD have reportedly finished mixing their new album.
24. TENACIOUS D have released an incredible music video for "Rize of the Fenix."
25. VERSAEMERGE have finished recording their second album.
1. Aggonautix have imported a Presspop vinyl figure of Reggae and Dub Artist LEE "SCRATCH" PERRY.
Shorter than usual (the last installment had 50!) but it's only Monday. Stay tuned!
The Random Rock N' More: Updates on over 25 Bands for May 7, 2012Written by James Zahn
It's time for another installment of The Random Rock N' More - the column where the ''...For Grown-ups'' section of The Rock Father get's homepage placement. Below the break you'll find rapid-fire updates on over 25 bands and artists - that aren't neccessarily 'family friendly.' Check out these bite-sized nuggets of knowledge and hit the enclosed links for more. This marks a trial of a more colorful version of The Random Rock, adding some visual enhancements (one album cover) instead of a plain list. BTW - When I say 'Random Rock' - that means you're getting metal, radio rock, thrash, punk, mainstream, black metal, indie, all corners of rock. Let's do this!
The Random Rock:
- The Random Rock
- Relapse Records
- The Cult
- Metal Blade Records
- Hammer No More Fingers
- Threat Signal
- Red Fang
- Myles Kennedy
- No Doubt
- Alkaline Trio
- Matt Skiba and the Sekrets
- The Riverboat Gamblers
- Escape Tailor
- Jeremy Sisto
- Love and Death
- Adrenaline Mob
- Mike Patton
James Zahn is not a journalist, nor a blogger, though he may be credited as such by others, or even accept the title... depending on the circumstance. Instead, he considers himself largely to be an "entertainment and lifestyle writer," bringing 25+ years of experience in the entertainment and publishing industries into the family realm as THE ROCK FATHER™.
As a media personality, commentator, adventurer and raconteur, James now finds himself raising a pair young girls - The Rock Daughters™ - along with his wife from their Illinois home.
He is a member of The Toy Insider Parent Advisory Board, has contributed to The Toy Book and writes a regular Star Wars column - Transmissions from a Galaxy Far, Far Away for The Pop Insider. He also regularly serves as a Brand Ambassador and spokesperson for several Globally-recognized pop culture and lifestyle brands in addition to consulting for a number of toy manufacturers.
Creatively, James has directed/edited music videos, lyric videos, and album trailers for bands such as FEAR FACTORY, has appeared as an actor in feature films and commercials, written comic books, and performed in bands. He currently serves as an artist manager and video director for PRODUCT OF HATE, whose debut album was released by Napalm Records in 2016, distributed by ADA/Warner Music in the U.S. with Universal Music handling global.
James and/or his work have been featured in/on CNN, FOX Business, NBC, ABC, WGN, G4, The Chicago Tribune, BusinessWire, Babble, Fangoria, Starlog and more. He's appeared as a music expert on CNN's AC360 alongside Anderson Cooper, and has been interviewed by Larry King. In the past he served as a writer for the Netflix Stream Team, Fandango Family and PBS KIDS, penned articles for Sprout and PopSugar, and was a contributor to Chicago Parent.
Learn more here.