On May 19, the fourth film based on Jeff Kinney's smash hit Diary of a Wimpy Kid series arrives in theaters with the release of Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul. To celebrate the release, 20th Century Fox and The Rock Father™ have teamed-up to give you a shot at winning a $50 Gift Card to see the film in theaters, along with a hardcover copy of the original book! Before we get started, how about you go Wimp Yourself?
The superheroes are out in full-effect tonight, appearing in new TV spots during the "Big Game," not to be confused with the NFL's "Super Bowl." If you're like me and only care about the national sporting event for the commercials, check out the latest look at Hugh Jackman's return to the role of X-Men's Wolverine in this spot for LOGAN - "Grace." The film comes to theaters from 20th Century Fox on March 3, 2017...
On November 4, the colorful world of Troll Village will come to the big screen when DreamWorks Animation's "Trolls" opens in theaters nationwide. As the official Paint, Hardware & Home Improvement sponsor of the film, True Value developed a 24-color paint palette inspired by the inhabitants of Troll Village. True Value selected 8 of the main characters and developed a 3-color palette for each character. In addition to the paint, True Value developed a Trolls paint tray kit that has 5 custom Trolls character stencils, stencil brush, roller and roller cover to "Trollify" any room - all available exclusively at your locally-owned True Value hardware stores or on TrueValue.com (where you can find all kinds of fun project inspiration as well). Now, THE ROCK FATHER Magazine is teaming-up with 20th Century Fox, DreamWorks and True Value to give readers a shot at winning a fun Trolls Prize Pack!
Are you ready for the apocalypse? Specifically, X-MEN: APOCALYPSE -- the ninth installment of 20th Century Fox's long-running super hero franchise based on characters appearing in MARVEL Comics. With the film opening this weekend, there's going to be many viewing options depending on your theater preference, and for readers in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles, one such option is one of my personal favorites: 4DX -- a truly immersive cinema experience that involves all of your senses. To celebrate the release, 4DX has teamed-up with THE ROCK FATHER Magazine and 20th Century Fox to get three (3) lucky readers hooked up with a fantastic X-MEN APOCALYPSE 4DX Prize Pack! We're going to do something a little bit different this time around, though... with one (1) reader winning right here through the website, and two (2) readers winning prize packs on my Facebook page. This should make things interesting!
X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by The Lippin Group & The Rock Father Magazine ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes begins May 25, 2016 at 12:00 am Eastern Time (ET) and ends May 29, 2016 at 11:59pm ET.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the United States (void in Puerto Rico), 18 years of age or older. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and the immediate family members of Sponsor, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion agencies and promotion partners are not eligible to enter. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You can enter this Sweepstakes via the Internet. To enter, access one or more of the following social media platforms [facebook.com] and [twitter.com], register for free to open an account. Visit the @4DXUSA & @TheRockFather [Facebook] account and @4DX_USA & @TheRockFather [Twitter] account. Then, follow the instructions from the @TheRockFather account regarding the Sweepstakes and use the hashtag “#XMEN4DXSweepstakes” in your entry. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), forged, illegible, mutilated, incomplete, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Multiple entries are allowed, up to a maximum of one entry per day per person. Entries that exceed that number will be determined to be void.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by Sponsor through the social media account that the Sweepstakes is being hosted on or about May 29, 2016. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during one (1) day from the date of the first attempt to contact potential winner, or if potential winner he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
FIRST PRIZE: Three (3) First Prize winner(s) will receive one (1) Prize Pack which includes: One (1) X-Men and The Wolverine Blu-Ray Collection (X-Men/ X2: X-Men United/ X-Men: The Last Stand/ X-Men: Origins: Wolverine/ X-Men: First Class/ The Wolverine (ARV $69.99), One (1) Hanes X-Men: Apocalypse T-shirt (ARV $6) and One (1) set of four (4) drinking glasses (ARV $10). Total ARV per prize pack is $85.99. All incidental expenses and taxes not specified herein will be the sole responsibility of the First Prize Winner, including without limitation, federal and state taxes. Total Approximate prize value: $257.97.
No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the prize winner(s). Sponsor, Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation (“Fox”), their officers, directors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and promotion partners (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, postage due or illegible entries; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or usage of the prize; or (iii) printing, distribution or production errors. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their agencies to use the winners’ name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation Internet, unless prohibited by law. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsors at their sole discretion reserve the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited.
6. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of prize(s), participation in Sweepstakes, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, illegible, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or other electronic devices and/or their contents, related to or resulting from Sweepstakes. Not affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
7. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rulesor the name of the winner (please specify), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Sweepstakes c/o The Lippin Group, 6100 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Despite writing about the series and some of its offshoots (from MEGA Bloks to prop replicas) from time to time, I have never played one of Ubisoft's ASSASSIN's CREED games. That may have to change soon as the long-awaited first trailer for 20th Century Fox's big-screen adaptation has arrived, and my interest is beyond piqued - right down to the Kanye West soundtrack. Check it out below and let me know what you think...