For more information on the artists included:
* Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band - http://www.luckydiazmusic.com from their new CD "A Potluck"
* Mister G - http://www.mistergsongs.com , from his forthcoming bilingual CD "Chocolalala"
* The Harmonica Pocket - http://www.harmonicapocket.com from their new CD "Apple Apple"
* Hot Peas 'N Butter - http://www.hotpeasnbutter.com, from their new CD "Catchin' Some Peazzz"
* Elizabeth Mitchell and You Are My Flower - http://www.folkways.si.edu - PREVIEW of a new song from her October release "Blue Clouds."
* The Okee Dokee Brothers - http://www.okeedokee.org - from their new Adventure Series CD-DVD "Can You Canoe?"
* Ozomatli Presents OzoKidz - http://www.ozomatli.com/ozokidz - from their forthcoming debut album!
* Aaron Nigel Smith - http://www.aaronnigelsmith.com and http://www.oneworldchorus.org , from his new CD, "Welcome to the Village" featuring Dan Zanes
* The Sugar Free Allstars - http://www.sugarfreeallstars.com, from their new CD, "All on a Sunday Afternoon.
* David Tobocman - www.veryhelpfulsongs.com, from his forthcoming CD "Escalator."
* Ti Zwazo is performed by Roselaine Bicep, Claudette Thégat, from "Songs in the Shade of the Flamboyant Tree : http://www.thesecretmountain.com
Listen: A Late Summer Roadtrip Playlist for Families...Written by James Zahn
While all content is editorially chosen, articles may contain affiliate links which may generate revenue for the site when a purchase is made.
As we count down the days until the official end of Summer (I'm moving into Fall already, but more on that later), my friend Beth Blenz-Clucas of Sugar Mountain PR put together a compilation of family-friendly songs that are perfect for A Late Summer Road Trip... or just rockin' out around the house. You can stream the 11-song set via the Soundcloud player below. Check it out!
James Zahn is best-known as The Rock Father™, a media personality, commentator, adventurer and raconteur. He is the Owner, Publisher, and Editor-in-Chief of THE ROCK FATHER™ Magazine. In January, 2019, after nearly a decade of publishing The Rock Father™ Magazine, he joined Adventure Media and Events as Senior Editor of The Toy Book—the leading trade publication for the toy industry since 1984, as well as The Pop Insider — a destination for all things pop culture, and The Toy Insider — the leading consumer guide for toys and games. He is also editor of The Toy Report, a weekly newsletter published by The Toy Book each Thursday. Zahn has over 27 years of experience in the entertainment, retail and publishing industries.
He regularly serves as a Brand Ambassador and spokesperson for several Globally-recognized pop culture and lifestyle brands in addition to consulting for a number of toy manufacturers.
Creatively, James has directed/edited music videos, lyric videos, and album trailers for bands such as FEAR FACTORY, has appeared as an actor in feature films and commercials, written comic books, and performed in bands. He currently serves as an artist manager and video director for PRODUCT OF HATE, whose debut album was released by Napalm Records in 2016, distributed by ADA/Warner Music in the U.S. with Universal Music handling global. A new album has been completed and is set for release this year.
Zahn and/or his work have been featured in/on CNN, NBC, ABC, WGN, CBS, GCTN, G4, The Chicago Tribune, Forbes, MarketWatch, Reuters, BusinessWire, Fangoria, Starlog and more. He's appeared as a music expert on CNN's AC360 alongside Anderson Cooper, and has been interviewed by Larry King. In the past he served as a writer for the Netflix Stream Team, Fandango Family and PBS KIDS, penned articles for Sprout and PopSugar, and was a contributor to Chicago Parent.
Learn more here.