When I shared the news in November that Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live would be making the rounds for its inaugural U.S. tour, one tantalizing possibility I discussed was the original “King of the Monster Trucks” joining the party… Bob Chandler’s BIGFOOT. Turns out, the rumble on the horizon was true, and the iconic blue Ford will be on the tour in 2019! But what version of BIGFOOT will we see? If the artwork above is any indication, looks like a modern spin on the classic BIGFOOT 1.
Facts about BIGFOOT:
- Listed by Hot Rod magazine as one of the 100 most influential vehicles in the history of hot rodding
- Induction into the International Monster Truck Hall of Fame for creator Bob Chandler
- Induction into the Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame for Chandler
- Fun Fact: There is no BIGFOOT 13 due to the superstition of the number 13 being unlucky. Also unlucky? The rows of cars in the path of the other BIGFOOT versions, regardless of number.
- Fun Fact: BIGFOOT once jumped a 727 airliner, breaking a world record in the process.
“We are extremely excited to be part of the Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live Tour! We just started working with Hot Wheels again and will have multiple products released early next year. This new series, featuring the Hot Wheels BIGFOOT and the rest of the Hot Wheels Monster Trucks, just pushes this to a whole new level!”
“BIGFOOT is a titan and a legend. BIGFOOT raises every bar there is.”, said Ken Hudgens, CEO of the Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live tour. “The fans are going to go nuts when they see what we have up our sleeves in this tour. BIGFOOT and HOT WHEELS MONSTER TRUCKS LIVE together!”
Check out the official Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live website for dates and tickets!