THE ROCK FATHER is sharing #TheIndisposables in his life as part of a Schick® Xtreme3® sponsored series for Socialstars. Horns up! \m/ \m/
Ah, the summer months… a time for adventure, excitement, and of course, The Indisposables – those essential items that just help to make things better. For 2015, I’m highlighting just five new indisposable essentials that can be considered to be certified “Rock Father-approved” picks. If you’re a regular reader, there’s actually a good chance that these have already crossed your browser in a more subtle form as they’ve already become a part of our daily routine, and hopefully they’ll soon be a part of yours as well!
1. olloclip 4-in-1 lens: If you’ve been following my adventures on Instagram, chances are you’ve noticed a new dimension to my photos this summer. The reason – olloclip. This 4-in-1 lens for iPhone 6/iPhone 6+ brings DSLR-style lenses into a ridiculously portable and functional realm for the iPhone. Featuring Wide Angle/Fisheye/15x Macro/10x Macro, the olloclip has been a much asked-about item in my toolkit this summer, and I’ve actually demoed it for dozens of people. It helps get the whole picture, like this shot of The Rock Daughters…
2. Step2 Igloo Wagon with Cooler: Summer is a time for family, and with seasonal festivals, carnivals, fairs, trips to theme parks, etc. such a big part of it, why not combine two things that most people end up hauling? Step2 and Igoo came together for this innovative option – a wagon with canopy (a feature my wife digs to keep the sun toned-down) that packs a small, removable, soft-side cooler underneath where the kids sit. Genius!
3. Schick® Xtreme3® Ultimate Razors:® Xtreme3® Ultimate Razors: I’ve been singing the praises of these razors for awhile now, the kind that provide indisposable comfort to keep my face looking good during my many adventures. From here at Rock Father HQ to the hotel bathroom, there’s always an Xtreme3 nearby and ready to rock. With it’s ergonomic handle, flexible triple-blade action and 50%+ more lubricant containing Vitamin E, Aloe, and Shea Butter, it’s a worthy tool to assist in keeping my face youthful in appearance. Still, it always seems to miss that spot on my chin, which has grown to about 9-inches of goatee awesomeness!
4. Music for the Family: Kindie (indie rock for families) is a big deal around these parts, and here’s an 11-song Summer Playlist from some of the hottest acts. Perfect for gatherings, road trips, or just right now – you’ll get songs from THE POP UPS, THE OKEE DOKEE BROTHERS, JAZZY ASH, BRADY RYMER, LUCKY DIAZ, RECESS MONKEY and more! Crank up the stream!
5. Music for Grownups: It’s hardly a secret that my favorite band of all-time is FAITH NO MORE (I speak of them often). While they released their first album in 18 years this past May, SOL INVICTUS (Ipecac) is cool, but I’ve been revisiting the classics a bit lately with Rhino’s “Deluxe” reissues of their 1989 breakthrough, THE REAL THING, and 1992’s ANGEL DUST. I’m also really looking forward to GENEXUS, the new album from FEAR FACTORY (out on Nuclear Blast in August), and my friends from THE BLOODLINE have their debut, WE ARE ONE (Another Century) in-stores (and my player) now.
What are your Summer Essentials for 2015? Sound off below!