I’m not sure how many of you have been following this aspect of my personal journey, but since January I’ve been involved in a Fitness Challenge, and to-date I’m down 35lbs – under 300 for the first time in nearly a decade – and building muscle through a mix of cardio and strength training. I often start the week my checking out WWE Monday Night Raw while working out at the gym, so I was pretty excited to learn that WWE is getting into the fitness game with a new line of WWE Fitness Series DVDs from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. On December 2, things kick-off with a his-and-hers launch of DVDs from “The Authority” – WWE Power Series: Triple H and WWE Fit Series: Stephanie McMahon. I’m planning to give the Triple H set a try, but in the meantime, check out the full specs on the workouts contained within…
From the Official Announcement:
WWE icons Triple H® and Stephanie McMahon lead two top-of-the-line workout programs created by world-renowned fitness coach, Joe DeFranco to provide official WWE fitness programs for total body transformation. Filmed at the elite WWE Performance Center, both systems allow fans to complete a full body workout, focusing on upper and lower body, cardio and flexibility from the comfort of their own homes.
Featuring 8-time WWE Champion and 5-time World Heavyweight Champion Triple H, WWE Power Series: Triple H includes a total body workout with exercises designed for the upper and lower body along with cardio and mobility moves to build a strong, ripped and fit body. The DVD will feature a four-week workout calendar that helps users stay on track and achieve results. The WWE Power Series: Triple H features the following regimens:
- Warm-Up (6 minutes): Power up and prepare to sweat with moves like seal jacks and Cossack stretches to prevent injury and improve performance.
- Upper Body 1 (16 minutes): Pound out power circuits of serious strength moves like dumbbell rows and Zot curls that use progressive reps to shed inches and lay down Superstar muscle.
- Upper Body 2 (18 minutes): Develop muscle endurance with functional body weight and dumbbell exercises like high-tension planks and shoulder shockers to build both stamina and mega muscle.
- Lower Body (30 minutes): Experience muscle-mass mania with killer moves like single-leg Romanian dead lifts to improve balance, function and strength with this intense three-set system.
- Muscle-Building Cardio (12 minutes): Give those extra pounds a serious smack-down with four high-octane rounds of this cardio-strength circuit designed to pump the heart, shed fat and carve lean muscle.
- Mobility (14 minutes): Improve flexibility, reduce soreness and recover from workouts faster with DeFranco’s signature Agile 8 series of stretches and mobility drills.
*Requires a set of light to heavy dumbbells
In WWE Fit Series: Stephanie McMahon,the WWE mogul and mother of three helps viewers achieve the sculpted, sexy physique of the extraordinary WWE Divas. Complete with a four-week workout calendar the system transforms and strengthens your entire body while shedding fat. The WWE Fit Series: Stephanie McMahon features the following workout routines:
- Upper Body (14 minutes): Strut your stuff with this powerful strength circuit that uses bodyweight, dumbbells and progressive reps to sculpt sexy arms, defined shoulders and a gorgeous back.
- Lower Body (15 minutes): Tone, tighten and turn heads with butt-blasting rounds of a super circuit that tackles your trouble zones while increasing muscular strength and endurance.
- Abs/Core (12 minutes): Get tough and get ripped with Tabata-style circuits (4 moves/4 minutes) that challenge core strength and function to trim inches and shred strong, sexy abs.
- Cardio (17 minutes): Incinerate fat and calories with two heart-pumping circuits of fierce calisthenics like mountain climbers and T-plank rotations to improve endurance and drop pounds.
- Flexibility (7 minutes): Improve flexibility, reduce soreness and recover faster with an essential series of yoga poses and mobility moves that help create long, lean and limber muscle.
*Requires a set of light to heavy dumbbells
The WWE Power Series: Triple H and WWE Fit Series: Stephanie McMahon workouts are loaded with routines guaranteed to get any fan into top form. The all-new DVDs include custom workout capabilities and music only options and are available for pre-order now at Amazon and other retailers.