We all know and love LEGO® for their iconic bricks and building sets, along with their growing collection of pop culture mashups, crossovers and fictional works like LEGO STAR WARS, The LEGO Movie, LEGO Dimensions and the forthcoming The LEGO BATMAN Movie. While you know those, what you might not be familiar with is LEGO Nonfiction – the result of two powerhouse brands, LEGO and Scholastic, coming together to reinvent children’s nonfiction publishing for kids ages 4-12. In this innovative new publishing program, LEGO models and minifigures are illustrated in fun and fantastic scenarios throughout as the first point of engagement for kids with real-world topics. This program represents a marriage of core values between LEGO and Scholastic: imagination, creativity, fun, and learning, as well as providing the most engaging, educational information for children. To celebrate the collaboration, THE ROCK FATHER™ Magazine has partnered with Scholastic to give readers a shot at winning a fantastic LEGO Nonfiction Prize Pack that includes the first four books in the collection, plus a $50 LEGO Gift Card! Learn more below…
- An imaginative, fun, and informative nonfiction reading experience from Scholastic and The LEGO® Group—two of the most trusted brands in the world
- Visually stimulating packaging, interiors, and added-value including die-cuts, foil, and stickers
- A combination of LEGO illustrations with real world photographs yield HILARIOUS and INFORMATIVE books kids won’t put down.
- Humor and creativity that kids LOVE and EXPECT from the LEGO brand
- “Building starters” throughout each book encourage the connection between the reading experience and real-world LEGO building
- Amazing facts that kids WANT to know from Scholastic
Leveled Readers (ages 5- 7)
Emerging nonfiction readers love exploring favorite themes! The “Leveled Readers” series will consist of three levels which will be called out on book covers. Each level builds in complexity as the child’s nonfiction literacy skills progress. Each book also includes stickers!
Favorite Topics (ages 7 – 10)
Focused, deeper dives into topics kids love, including:
Ultimate Fact Book (ages 8-12)
- Coming October 2016: Factastic: A LEGO Adventure in the Real World – The ultimate holiday gift book, packed with amazing facts and real-world photos the whole family can enjoy!
Enter to Win the LEGO Noniction Prize Pack:
Use the Rafflecopter Widget below (it will guide you), starting with the first (mandatory) entry method – Leave a Disqus comment on this post that shares your answer to the following:
QUESTION: What is your favorite LEGO set?
After that, you can complete social actions for additional, completely optional entries. Please Note: By entering giveaways on The Rock Father, you agree to comply with my fairness policy.
The Fine Print:
Promotion open to residents of the U.S. only, ages 18+, void where prohibited. Winner will be chosen at random on, about, or after August 31, 2016, and will be notified via email to confirm. If no response within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen. Prize provided and shipped by Scholastic. This is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
1980s-style Disclaimer: Many will enter, few will win! Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery of prizing (seriously, probably not that long), The Rock Father is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages. In the rare occasion that a prize does not arrive (which, sadly, has happened), you have no remedy other than moving on.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2016 The LEGO Group. All Rights Reserved.