Have you been to Taco Bell lately?
Just in time for the weekend, the legendary purveyor of Mexican-inspired food unveiled its refreshed Cravings Value Menu. Launched on Jan. 11, the revitalized menu now includes 10 full-sized menu items for $3 or less at participating stores plus the permanent addition of a Veggie Build-Your-Own-Cravings-Box.
“Value has always been at the cornerstone of what we offer at Taco Bell, but we knew heading into this new year we wanted to take it to the next level. As our consumers are looking for more ways to save, we’re committed to expanding on our value offerings through new menu items and digital offerings that deliver quality and abundance,” says Taylor Montgomery, Chief Marketing Officer at Taco Bell. “We’re rolling out entirely new ways to save across our menu and doubling down with exclusive digital offerings so expect more from us this year. We’re walking the talk when it comes to value and we’re just getting started.”
The 2024 Cravings Value Menu includes four returning vegetarian items — the Cheesy Roll Up, Spicy Potato Soft Taco, Cheesy Bean & Rice Burrito, and Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes — joining the following six new offerings, each under $3 bucks.
- Double Stacked Taco: This taco is stacked with classic Taco Bell flavors, made up of a Crunchy Taco shell filled with seasoned beef, fiesta strips, lettuce, and cheddar cheese, all wrapped in a soft tortilla with nacho cheese sauce.
- Stacker: Indulgent cheesy, beefy flavors all stacked together, made up of seasoned beef, nacho cheese sauce, and 3-cheese blend, folded together into a tortilla.
- Cheesy Double Beef Burrito: Beefy, cheesy flavors featuring double the seasoned beef, seasoned rice, nacho cheese sauce, fiesta strips, 3-cheese blend, and reduced fat sour cream, all wrapped up in a tortilla.
- 3-Cheese Chicken Flatbread Melt: Cheesy chicken indulgence featuring grilled chicken, creamy chipotle sauce, and 3-cheese blend, all folded into a pillowy flatbread.
- Chicken Enchilada Burrito: Mexican-inspired flavors made up of grilled chicken, seasoned rice, red sauce, 3-cheese blend, and reduced fat sour cream, all wrapped up in a tortilla.
- Loaded Beef Nachos: Nachos loaded with flavor in every bite featuring nacho chips topped with seasoned beef, beans, nacho cheese sauce, red sauce, reduced fat sour cream, and guacamole.*
Portugal. The Man Rocks with Taco Bell… again
To kick off the latest value campaign, Taco Bell is releasing new commercials featuring Portugal. The Man (PTM) and the songs “Evil Friends” and “Grim Generation.” Taco Bell and PTM enthusiasts will recall that this isn’t the first collaboration between the band and the brand.
“Evil Friends” was the first PTM song to be used in a commercial, and it was a Taco Bell commercial. Last year, PTM shared insight into their love of the ‘Bell in a video promo for the Feed the Beat initiative that provides gift cards to touring musicians.
Live Más LIVE in Las Vegas
Looking ahead, Taco Bell is taking a page out of the playbook used by big tech brands, film studios, and video game companies to host its own mega-event in Las Vegas on Feb. 9.
“Live Más LIVE is about showing up in a way this brand has never shown up before. It’s about transparency, access, and celebration for who we are as a brand and who we do it for, our biggest fans,” says Taco Bell’s Global CEO, Sean Tresvant. “2024 marks a new beginning for Taco Bell and we can’t wait to show everyone what we have in store for this year and beyond.”
You can RSVP for the live stream online via livemaslive.com.
Now, can Taco Bell please bring back the Chili Cheese Burrito on a national basis as a regular menu item? None of the at-home copycat recipes nail the experience. Last year, I found a Taco Bell in Waupaca, Wisconsin that still offers the iconic treat. It was a glorious day.
*A friendly reminder: The Rock Father prefers to #KeepItGuacFree as part of an ongoing commitment to spare the American public from the growing avocado plague.