The Walt Disney Company and Barneys New York have launched a new Holiday program for 2012 called ELECTRIC HOLIDAY. Combining Disney characters with the world of high-fashion, the multi-tiered event features Electric Holiday windows at Barney’s flagship Madison Avenue store in New York, complete with a short film being touted as a “moving art video.” Disney reached out to The Rock Father with the full details this evening, including the entire, five-minute short, which can be viewed below, along with footage taken at the unveiling of the windows this week.
Fashion personalities featured within the moving art video include:
– Photographers: Steven Meisel, Mario Sorrenti and Juergen Teller
– Front Row Personalities: Sarah Jessica Parker, Daphne Guinness, Lady Gaga, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista and Bryan Boy
– Backstage: Guido Palau, Pat McGrath, Julien d’Ys, Alber Elbaz, Nicolas Ghesquière and Ed Filipowski
– Editors: Glenda Bailey, Bridget Foley, Emmanuelle Alt, Suzy Menkes, Franca Sozzani, Carine Roitfeld, Cathy Horyn and Anna Dello Russo
Each Disney character is dressed in a one-of-a-kind exclusive look created by some of the most influential fashion designers in the world, including:
– Mickey Mouse: Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquière
– Goofy: Balmain by Olivier Rousteing
– Daisy: Dolce & Gabbana
– Minnie Mouse: Lanvin by Alber Elbaz
– Snow White: Nina Ricci by Peter Copping
– Tiana: Proenza Schouler
– Cruella de Vil: Rick Owens
Electric Holiday Merchandise
Barneys New York and Disney have worked to create a range of exclusive (XO exclusively ours), limited-edition holiday gift items, available now for a limited time only at Chelsea Passage on the ninth floor in Barneys’ Madison Avenue flagship location in New York, at the company’s Beverly Hills flagship location, and Barneys.com.
In honor of this special project, 25% of the retail price of all items in the Electric Holiday collection sold exclusively in select Barneys New York stores and Barneys.com through January 3rd, 2013, will be donated to American Red Cross disaster relief.
The product assortment includes Disney’s highly collectible Vinylmation figures designed by Paul Smith and Diane von Furstenberg, Mickey Mouse ears designed by Rag & Bone and L’Wren Scott, and smaller items such as holiday ornaments, edible sweets, toys for children, and much more.
In addition to the Electric Holiday product assortment, there will also be a curated selection of vintage memorabilia available at the Madison Avenue flagship location, including a vintage Mickey watch, a signed biography of Walt Disney and specialty vintage Disney toys.
For more on the ELECTRIC HOLIDAY, check out the official page on Barneys website.