Earlier this week, I did a post about 10 Cool Lunch Boxes for Kids. What I didn’t touch on then was what to pack in those lunch boxes, and with Back to School season in full-effect, the folks from Annie’s, HONEST Kids, Organic Valley, and Stonyfield (all of which have some representation in our fridge & pantry) have stepped-in with an appropriately-named movement called ROCK THE LUNCH BOX. Data shows some interesting numbers when it comes to lunches, and it’s something I’m paying attention to – especially since I have one extremely picky eater here at Rock Father HQ. Take a look at the infographic below for some stats…
The ROCK THE LUNCH BOX website includes:
- More than 100 lunch ideas for what to pack, including gluten-free, nut-free and vegetarian choices
- Informative, short video clips by parents that explain how to keep menus creative, packing time short, and involve kids and more
- Ideas for staying connected to children during the day via notes and lunch box messages
The collaborative site enables parents to share their lunch preparation tactics and learn from other parents via:
- Exploring lunch box favorites and recipes of other like-minded parents
- Submitting “too cool for school” lunch box ideas and entering to win a lunch sack full of goodies from each participating company
- Shareable savings of up to $2.00 with coupons from Annie’s, HONEST Kids, Organic Valley and Stonyfield
It’s safe to say that I consider ROCK THE LUNCH BOX to be Rock Father-Approved!
Check out RockTheLunchBox.com for more details.
For more rock delivered daily, including the latest in great music, cool toys, and fun for the whole family – “like” The Rock Father on Facebook.