The late 80s and early 90s were a fun time for Disney television animation, and as the forthcoming Disney XD reboot of DuckTales should indicate, audiences are ready for a throwback. At the same time those classic cartoons were delighting kids after school, the age of 8-bit and 16-bit gaming was hitting hard, and titles based on the television series were being released on a regular basis. Now, those looking for a new burst of retro gaming goodness can delve into Capcom’s The Disney Afternoon Collection – a value-priced bundle of six classic games, perfect for parents like me to introduce a new generation to some NES classics via PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. Check out a preview below…
The six retro games included in the The Disney Afternoon Collection:
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in optional co-op play and assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!
- Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.
- DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.
- DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!
- TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.