In many ways, the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES are like BATMAN. There’s so many ways you can tell their stories – from the dark, hardcore origins of the mid-1980s, to the comedic stylings of the late 80s/early 90s, and the numerous variations on each that the 21st Century has brought us. While audiences in 2015 are enjoying the latest animated series on Nickelodeon, and looking forward to another live-action adventure on the big-screen next year, it was just 12 years ago that another animated run was taking place, and this week Paramount Pictures has released two new volumes of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (2003). THE SEARCH FOR SPLINTER and NYC SHOWDOWN! are both available now, and I’ve got your chance to win a pair, right here on THE ROCK FATHER Magazine!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Search For Splinter
- Things Change–In the first episode of this series, the Turtles and Master Splinter are suddenly attacked by a horde of Mouser robots! These mechanical menaces chomp through stone, steel, and even Turtles, until the roof of the Turtle’s sewer-lair caves in, separating our heroes from their beloved Master. Now the Turtles must abandon their home of 15 years and find their missing master. On the way, they have to deal with collapsed sewer tunnels, the Purple Dragon street gang and a small army of mysterious, highly trained ninjas!
- The Search for Splinter, Part 1–After the frustrated Turtles exhaust their search for Splinter, their suspicions turn to the Guardians and the trail soon leads them to a non-descript building. The initials of its company name spell out “TCRI”–the same letters stamped onto the canister of ooze responsible for their mutation. Now with two reasons to infiltrate that building, the Turtles recruit both April and Casey to help get them inside.
- The Search for Splinter, Part 2–In this conclusion of the two-part season finale, the Turtles successfully infiltrate the mysterious TCRI building, where they manage to sneak into its inner sanctum and locate the unconscious Splinter inside a stasis tank. They also discover that there’s more to the technicians inside than meets the eye.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: NYC Showdown
- Return to New York, Part 1-The Turtles return to New York with one goal in mind–to destroy Shredder once and for all. With April providing remote computer assistance from the lair, the Turtles begin their assault on the Foot Headquarters skyscraper, fighting their way to the top, floor by floor. They must overcome an army of Foot Ninja Guards and the deadly cloaking Foot Tech Ninja, but no one is quite prepared for what they encounter inside a Foot Genetics lab.
- Return to New York, Part 2-The Turtles and Splinter continue to fight their way up through the Foot Headquarters skyscraper, facing down three misshapen Mutant Shredder Clones, a hallway of traps and never-before-seen supernatural foes known as the Mystic Ninja. Finally, they reach their goal–the top floor and Shredder’s throne room–but they must confront Shredder’s deadly Foot Elite Ninja. Things really get out of hand when Stockman, in a souped-up exo-suit, crashes the party…literally.
- Return to New York, Part 3-With Stockman showing up in the middle of the final battle between our heroes and Shredder, everything is thrown into chaos, temporarily forcing the Turtles to team up with Shredder and Hun to defeat Stockman before he annihilates them all. Once Stockman is eliminated, the final fight continues as the Turtles face the ultimate challenge high atop Shredder’s skyscraper.
Enter to Win these TMNT (2003) DVDs:
Use the Rafflecopter Widget below (it will guide you), starting with the first (mandatory) entry method – Leave a Disqus comment on this post that shares your answer to the following:
QUESTION: What is your favorite version of the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES?
After that, you can complete social actions for additional, completely optional entries. Please Note: By entering giveaways on The Rock Father, you agree to comply with my fairness policy.
Twitter “Egg” Accounts are ineligible for entry AND WILL BE BLOCKED.
The Fine Print:
Promotion open to residents of the U.S. only, ages 18+, void where prohibited. Winner will be chosen on, about, or after June 30, 2015, and will be notified via email to confirm. If no response within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen. Prizing provided and shipped by Paramount Home Media.
1980s-style Disclaimer: Many will enter, few will win! Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery of prizing (seriously, probably not that long), The Rock Father is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages. In the rare occasion that a prize does not arrive (which, sadly, has happened), you have no remedy other than moving on.