MARVEL’s ANT-MAN scored big this summer by becoming the first true “family film” in the MARVEL Cinematic Universe. I covered the film extensively, interviewing the entire principle cast (including Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Corey Stoll, Michael Douglas, T.I., Michael Pena and David Dastmalchian), Director Peyton Reed, and MARVEL Studios Chief Kevin Feige. In speaking with all of those folks, I had to talk toys – and the one thing that really stood out is how excited Paul Rudd, Corey Stoll and Michael Douglas were about getting the LEGO treatment. Out of all the toys and collectibles that hit stores this summer, it was becoming a LEGO Minifigure that truly made some eyes light up. Released as part of the LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes line, the ANT-MAN FINAL BATTLE is a terrific, 183-piece set recommended for ages 6+, and one that lands as a featured pick in my 2015 Holiday Wish Guide at THE ROCK FATHER Magazine.
Priced at just $19.99 (MSRP), little builders (or big ones) can get ANT-MAN/Scott Lang, Original ANT-MAN/Hank Pym and YELLOWJACKET/Darren Cross as iconic LEGO Minifigures, packed alongside the “Giant Ant,” which viewers will now know by another name – ANT-THONY!
- ANT-THONY features foil-like wings, head with pincers to lift Yellowjacket and posable joints
- Also includes LEGO® brick-built catapult with 2 nail elements and 2 miniature ant figures
- Weapon elements include Yellowjacket’s 2 stud shooters
- Includes Ant-Man’s Super Jumper element
- Swerve away from Yellowjacket’s nail catapult
- Super-jump to knock over Yellowjacket
- Pick up Yellowjacket in the flying ant’s pincers
- Flying ant measures over 2” (7cm) high, 9” (25cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide
- LEGO® brick-built catapult measures over 1” (4cm) high, 2” (7cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep
The LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes ANT-MAN FINAL BATTLE Set is available now from LEGO Shop, Amazon, and other retailers Nationwide. MARVEL’s ANT-MAN arrives on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on November 17, with 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand December 8.