"Like Rolling Stone or Entertainment Weekly for the whole family - from babies to grownups."
Covering the best in Entertainment News & Reviews for the entire family, including, but not limited to: Music, Movies, TV, Toys & Games, Cool Products Gardening, Rides, Lifestyle and more. Additionally, the "For Grownups" section offers Music, Comedy, and assorted Pop Culture for adult family members. James' Journal also features assorted life adventures and other commentary.
About Publisher James Zahn:
James Zahn is not a journalist, nor a blogger, though he may be credited as such by others, or even accept the title... depending on the circumstance. Instead, James considers himself to be an Entertainment and Lifestyle Writer, his first paid assignment taking place in the Fall of 1992, when his words first made print in a landscape dominated by regional entertainment 'zines.
Preferring to reserve "journalism" for more serious, "real" issues, and "blogging" for looser, more informal tales, there has to be a space somewhere in-between for those who bridge the gap, and that's where Zahn has long found comfort, sharing news and reviews as part of the pop culture Gospel, occasionally spinning a yarn as a modern-day raconteur and sometimes "media personality."
As the publisher of THE ROCK FATHER Magazine (born from the nickname he earned upon becoming a father for the first time in 2009), James continues to build a loyal readership that engages and interacts less as "fans," but more as "friends and family" - due in large part to the personal stamp which he places upon his writings, often weaving anecdotes into his entertainment and lifestyle coverage by relating it to life experience.
And that's just a small piece of the puzzle...
As of 2015, James Zahn is all of the above, in addition to serving as a Brand Ambassador and/or consultant for numerous companies in the entertainment and toy industries, an Artist Manager helping to guide the career of American metal band PRODUCT OF HATE (Napalm Records - U.S. distribution by ADA/Warner, Europe by Universal), a music video director/editor, and an on-air host and commentator for several unique multimedia projects. He has also worked as an actor in television and film, has appeared in National commercials, and is a published author and comic book creator.
But most of all, James is a mostly-work-at-home dad that's helping to raise two young daughters under the support of a kick-ass wife who maintains a career outside of the home.
Current Special Projects from The Rock Father:
- Netflix Stream Team
- Care Bears #ShareYourCare Brand Ambassador
- Lalaloopsy SIP (Sew Important Person) Brand Ambassador
- 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment Insider (Brand Ambassador)
- Folgers Brand Ambassador
- Hungry Jack Brand Ambassador
- Best Buy Network
- Brand Partnerships and Sponsored Content: THE ROCK FATHER has worked with the following brands and companies on engaging, original sponsored content: Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Wheels, General Motors, Schick, Spin Master Toys, Kraft Foods, The J.M. Smucker Company, Dunkin Donuts, Scotts Lawn, Miracle-Gro, Boba Baby, Bright Star Kids, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Starbucks, NESTLE USA, Huggies Pull-Ups, Microsoft, Nokia, KIA Motors America, Hankook Tires, Subaru, MEGA Brands, LEGO, Sears, Snyder's of Hanover, Rubbermaid, Klondike Bars, gDiapers, Buy Seasons, Costume Express, Teleflora, International Delight, Rhino Records, ACUVUE, Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea, The LIFE Foundation, and many more...
Select Past Project Highlights:
- 2015-2016 Fandango Family Digital Network Writer
- 2015 PEANUTS Brand Ambassador
- 2015 Sears CRAFTSMAN CREW Brand Ambassador
- 2014-2015 WWE Brand Ambassador
- 2013-2015 PBS KIDS VIP (Very Involved Parent
- 2013-2015 Step2 Brand Ambassador
- 2014 STAR WARS Command Ambassador (Hasbro/Lucasfilm)
- 2014 Whirlpool Everyday, care Brand Ambassador
- 2014 BuyCostumes Halloween Ambassador
- 2014 Walmart Auto Ambassador
- 2013-2014 Toy State Test Driver Brand Ambassador
- 2013-2014 Sprout Kindness Crew (NBC Universal)
- 2014 Hub Club Member (Hub Network)
- 2014 Nokia App Central Brand Ambassador
- 2013-2014 Chicago Parent Blogger
- 2013 Step2 Test Drive Blogger
- 2013 Sports Illustrated Kids Brand Ambassador
- 2013 Portable North Pole Brand Ambassador
- 2013 Microsoft Team Windows Phone Brand Ambassador
- 2013 Contigo Road Warrior
- 2013 Hyland's Dad - Brand Ambassador, Hyland's Baby
- 2012, 2013, 2014 Fids & Kamily Music Awards - Judge
- Guest Blogger - gDiapers' "Diaper Therapy" Blog
- Guest Blogger - The Good Men Project
- Guest Blogger - Time to Play Magazine
- Guest Blogger - Rockabye Baby
Select Media Mentions:
- The C* Word: Clever Girls Feature on THE ROCK FATHER
- Fandango: For the Love of STAR WARS
- BusinessWire: The secrets behind press conferences, product reveals and trade show marketing
Rob Evanoff - West Coast Contributing Editor - THE ROCK FATHER™ Magazine
A tenured veteran of the music industry, Rob is the founder and CEO of 1888 Media in Los Angeles. He has been involved in all aspects of the industry, working both at major and independent labels having managed and directed sales, marketing (tour, street, internet, 3rd party), publicity, A&R, advertising, production, graphic design, web design, packaging, business development, digital distribution, legal, licensing, publishing & royalties.
Rob enjoys writing about music and the business of music. You can find more of his original content regularly at Matrix To A Muse.
Tom Stevens - Contributing Writer (Texas): Tom Stevens is a guest blogger and contributor to The Rock Father. He is the guitarist/vocalist of the death metal band, NOKTURNEL in addition to running Nokturnel Eclipse - a destination for quality Spikes and Leather, and being an expert in raising snakes. Tom also holds a vast knowledge of Disney Travel tips.
Wayne Mackie: Pop Culture Junkie. Music Fan. Dad. Hailing from the Los Angeles area, Mackie and his family recently relocated to the Midwest. Wayne finds enjoyment in posting music and movie-related news stories and press releases. He met and previously worked with James with at another news outlet in the late 2000s.