My favorite time of year is almost here, and PBS KIDS is once again rolling out some stellar Halloween-themed programming throughout the month of October.
ODD SQUAD is toplining things this year with a new one-hour special entitled, ODD SQUAD: AGAINST THE ODDS, and there’s a bunch of Halloween favorite episodes of DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD, CURIOUS GEORGE, PEG + CAT, CAILLOU and more coming back. Check out the full details below…
On Monday, October 5, PBS KIDS will premiere “ODD SQUAD: Against the Odds,” an all-new one-hour special from PBS KIDS’ newest hit series. “Against the Odds” will include five 11-minute stories with Olive, Otto and the rest of the gang as they solve the community’s strange problems (descriptions follow). The special will repeat throughout the week of October 5 and will be available free on pbskids.org and the PBS KIDS Video App. ODD SQUAD, a live-action series from The Fred Rogers Company that premiered on PBS KIDS last year, is designed to help kids ages 5-8 build math, problem-solving and collaboration skills.
“Odd-tober” will continue on PBS KIDS throughout the week of October 25-31 with the return of family Halloween favorites, including the hit one-hour special “CURIOUS GEORGE: A Halloween Boo Fest.” Favorite episodes from PBS KIDS series such as DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD, WILD KRATTS, PEG + CAT and DINOSAUR TRAIN will also air throughout the week (a full listing of episodes follows). Families will be able to play Halloween games and stream the Halloween-themed episodes free on pbskids.org and the PBS KIDS Video App.
- “Undercover Olive” (Parts 1 and 2): In this half-hour episode, Olive goes undercover in a high-stakes “Rock, Paper, Scissors” game.
- “The Curious Case of Pirate-itis”: Otto and Oscar try to stop Olive from turning into a pirate.
- “Not So Splash”: Olive and Otto must figure out why parts of the town are turning snowy and cold — in the middle of summer.
- “By the Book”: Olive and Otto interrogate two suspects to figure out which one is innocent and which one is guilty.
Check local listings for airdates and times.
- “Hick or Treat/ Mr. Alwaysright”
- “Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny/ Pet Projects”
- “Caillou Loves the Fall”
- “Fall Is in the Air”
- “Trick or Treat/ King Cecil the Seahorse”
- “Aye Aye!/ Trick or Treat”
- “CURIOUS GEORGE: A Halloween Boo Fest”
- “Night of the Weiner Dog/ Animal Trackers”
- “Katerina’s Costumes/ Dress up Day”
- “Haunted Roundhouse/ Big Pond Pumpkin Patch”
- “One Big Frog/ Caving with Vlad”
- “Night Train/ Fossil Fred”
- “Martha Gets Spooked/ Martha Changes Her Luck”
- “Martha: Deadline Doggie/ It’s the Giant Pumpkin, Martha”
- “TD’s Magic/ Scaredy Cat”
- “The Halloween Problem”
- “Tricks & Tales”
- “Spooky Charms”
- “Secrets of the Spider’s Web”
- “A Bat in the Brownies”
- “Little Howler”
- “Tobey’s Tricks and Treats/ Escape Wham”