There’s a new Netflix hack that just hit the scene, and it’s one that parents and kids alike are gonna dig. Netflix Birthdays presents birthday songs and messages from popular kids characters including those from DreamWorks All Hail King Julien, Barbie, Beat Bugs, DreamWorks Dinotrux, Las Leyendas, LEGO Friends, LEGO Ninjago, Luna Petunia, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Pokemon, Project Mc2, Skylanders Academy, DreamWorks Trollhunters and Word Party – all available by simply searching “Birthday Songs.” Check out a preview below, and keep reading for a look at how we got in on the birthday magic right here at Rock Father HQ!
Want some fun birthday stats? Here’s some numbers that reflect how birthdays break down around the globe:
- C’est La Vie. If only we could be more like French parents: 46% say birthday planning isn’t stressful, while parents in Peru and the Philippines feel most stressed about kids’ birthdays (77%).
- How many likes did I get? Parents in Turkey (56%) and India (52%) feel the most social media heat around their kids’ birthday parties.
- Characters rule. Mexican kids are all about character-themed birthdays: 91% of parents in Mexico have hosted a character-themed party for their child.
- Trying to save a buck. Parents are more interested in saving money than time when it comes to party planning (54% vs. 42%). Italian parents are most interested in birthday money-saving measures (72%).
- Brazilian big spenders. Brazilian parents go all out for birthdays, racking up an average bill of $620 (vs. a global average of $250).
Now, we knew that Netflix Birthdays were coming (writer for the #StreamTeam and all), and while we won’t have a kid’s birthday to celebrate again for nearly a year, The Rock Daughters™ joined my wife and I to bake a Netflix-themed birthday cake…
I have to be honest – I’m not really a “red velvet” guy, but I get it for this. The end result was pretty cool…
Check out Netflix.com/Birthdays to start your own celebration.