Last month, while I was attending the PBS Annual Meeting in San Francisco, I, along with the rest of the PBS KIDS crew, took a little “field trip” across the Golden Gate Bridge and up to Corte Madera for a stop at Pottery Barn Kids. Now through July 17, Pottery Barn Kids in partnership with PBS KIDS are holding a Summer Reading Challenge that’s designed to “inspire a love of learning and literacy for kids and families throughout the summer months.” Children are invited to “take the challenge” by reading 8 books from a specially selected list of 20 children’s books – each chosen based on favorites identified by Pottery Barn Kids customers. To celebrate the Summer Reading Challenge, PBS KIDS, Pottery Barn Kids and THE ROCK FATHER are getting one (1) lucky reader hooked-up with a $25 Pottery Barn Gift Card! Details below…
To participate in the Summer Reading Challenge, pick up the book list at any Pottery Barn Kids store in the US and Canada (excluding Quebec). Children that complete the book list and bring it to a Pottery Barn Kids location by July 31 will receive a free book and certificate of completion.
This year’s book list includes titles that will inspire and delight children of all ages, including:
- Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
- Big Brothers Don’t Take Naps by Louise Borden
- Corduroy by Don Freeman
- Curious Baby Counting by H.A. Rey
- Good Night, Good Night Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld
- Grammy Lamby and the Secret Handshake by Kate Klise and M. Sarah Klise
- Heads by Matthew Van Fleet
- How Do Dinosaurs Count to Ten? By Mark Teague
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
- Ladybug Girl by David Samon and Jacky Davis
- Llama Llama and the Bully Goat by Anna Dewdney
- Madeline and the Old House in Paris by John Bemelmans Marciano
- Nelly Gnu and Daddy Too by Anna Dewdney
- Olivia by Ian Falconer
- Paddington Bear by Michael Bond and R.W. Alley
- Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes by James Dean and Eric Litwin
- Sniff by Matthew Van Fleet
- Tallulah’s Toe Shoes by Marilyn Singer and Alexandra Boiger
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers
- What Sisters Do Best/What Brothers Do Best by Laura Numeroff and Lynn Munsinger
Special Weekly Story Time events with PBS KIDS character appearances and giveaways in partnership with PBS KIDS will also be hosted at Pottery Barn Kids stores (find a location here) throughout the country through July 17.
Enter to win a $25 Pottery Barn Kids Gift Card!
Use the Rafflecopter Widget below (it will guide you), starting with the first (mandatory) entry method – Scroll down and Leave a comment that shares your answer to the following:
QUESTION: What is your favorite Children’s Book?
After that, you can complete social actions for additional, completely optional entries. Please Note: By entering giveaways on The Rock Father, you agree to comply with my fairness policy.
The Fine Print:
Promotion open to residents of the U.S. only, ages 18+, void where prohibited. Winner will be chosen on, about, or after July 12, 2014, and will be notified via email to obtain their shipping address. If no response within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen. Prize provided by Pottery Barn Kids.
1980s-style Disclaimer: Many will enter, few will win! Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery of prizing (seriously, probably not that long), The Rock Father is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages. In the rare occasion that a prize does not arrive (which, sadly, has happened), you have no remedy other than moving on.