A handful of country hits were just injected with a dose of heavy metal.
Country Goes Metal is a five-song EP featuring vocals from Righteous Vendetta frontman Ryan Hayes atop music by multi-instrumentalist Austin Woodward.
“In the ’70s, when Black Sabbath was doing their thing, that was considered heavy metal then, and now you listen to heavy metal, and it’s so much heavier. So I think, as this progresses, we’re going to see an entire subgenre come out of this, like country metal,” Hayes says. “I think it’s going to get heavier, and it’s going to get more crazy. We’re really excited to release Country Goes Metal. We’ve always loved country music, and it’s been a lot of fun to take these classic songs and put our own spin on them.”
Country Goes Metal was produced, engineered, and mixed by RIAA Certified Mixer Billy Decker and Executive Produced by Grammy award-winning engineer, Noah Gordon.
Country Goes Metal Tracklist:
- “Small Town Boy” (Written by: Rhett Akins, Kyle Fishman, Ben Hayslip)
Originally by Dustin Lynch
- “Leave the Night On” (Written by: Sam Hunt, Josh Osborne, Shane McAnally)
Originally by Sam Hunt
- “If You’re Going Through Hell” (Before the Devil Even Knows You’re There) (Written by: Dave Berg, Sam Tate, Annie Tate)
Originally by Rodney Atkins
- “Losing Sleep” (Written by: Chris Young, Josh Hoge, Chris DeStefano)
Originally by Chris Young
- “My Town” (Written by: Jeffrey Steele, Reed Nielsen) Originally by Montgomery Gentry
Stream Country Goes Metal on Spotify or your favorite digital service.