There was a time when I was always at the forefront of new technology. That was before I was a parent, and these days I’m way behind. We don’t have a iPad, Kindle, or any other “tablet” device. My iPhone is an iPhone 3, which means that I can’t install iOS 5.1 on it, thus making all the cool new games and Apps completely incompatible with my device. While Apple continues pumping out new versions of the products, I just can’t justify spending hundreds of dollars on new tech on a regular basis (there are more important expenses like diapers, formula, etc). I bought my iPhone in 2010, and in 2012 it’s beyond “relic” status. It’s a little irritating when I have news like this to share… Disney Publishing has just released a new FINDING NEMO App called NUMBERS WITH NEMO.
Available in the Education Category of the App Store today, NUMBERS WITH NEMO is available for iPhone (get it here) and iPad (get it here) for $3.99. Timed with the release of FINDING NEMO on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D for the first time, NUMBERS WITH NEMO was “developed with leading educational experts” as “the newest Disney Learning interactive app that helps kids practice essential early math skills while immersing them in the story. Nemo and his underwater pals guide children through fun-filled activities that reinforce skills such as counting, tracing numbers, sequencing and more.”
Numbers with Nemo features include:
· Practice tracing and counting numbers 1-10
· Professional narration, music and animations
· Record all the numbers in your own voice
· Play fun, character-driven activities that reinforce early math skills, such as counting and matching objects, number identification and sequencing
· Create your own Nemo scenes with interactive stickers
· Guided skill instruction for up to four players
· Comprehensive parents’ section with content leveling and progress monitoring
· Offline activities for parents and caregivers
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later.