I don’t cover much sports here on The Rock Father, so it’s pretty fitting that when I do there has to be something rock involved. Case-in-point? NBA BALLER BEATS by Majesco Entertainment. This new video game for KINECT on XBOX 360 is sort of a rhythm game akin to ROCK BAND or GUITAR HERO, but one that uses real basketball skills – and a real ball – to keep the beat along with 30 songs from top artists in hip-hop, rock, and more. You’ve got music, you’ve got sports, and you’re active while playing. Personally, I wanted to try this out myself, but since we do not yet have a Kinect here at Rock Father HQ, the folks at Majesco have agreed that I can hook up one lucky reader with a copy of the game – complete with an NBA Ball Replica from Spalding!
NBA BALLER BEATS:
NBA Baller Beats, exclusive to the Kinect for Xbox 360, is a first of its kind motion-based basketball video game that requires you to use a real basketball to play. The Kinect tracks every move of your body and every bounce of the ball as you dribble to the beat of the soundtrack to progress. Using a real basketball, players time their dribble to the beat and perform a variety of skill moves displayed on-screen to score points, earn achievements and unlock assets and additional gameplay.
- NBA Baller Beats – The first ever full body motion-based NBA video game that lets you perform like a pro using a real basketball.
- NBA Baller Beats will come packaged with an official NBA game ball replica from Spalding.
- Bounce the ball to the beat of 30 licensed tracks that span across decades and genres including hip-hop, rock and old school classics.
- From novice to pro, every baller can raise their game with three difficulty levels available on every song: Rookie, Pro, and Baller.
- The game challenges players to master ball-handling skills by dribbling and performing moves including crossovers, pump fakes, flow dribble and more.
- Train alongside your favorite NBA franchise unlocking songs, difficulty levels, environment accessories, over 100 posters and Paninis 2012 NBA HOOPS trading cards that showcase NBA players greatest moves.
- Master different baller moves and increase your stamina in single player mode, break it down and practice different skills in Move School mode or show-off in multiplayer mode and go head-to-head against up to 8 players the highest score wins bragging rights.
- Show-off your baller skills as the Kinect camera takes pictures that you can upload and share on Facebook.
- To maximize your performance, visit the extensive in-game tutorial where two-time NBA champion and Emmy Award-winning TNT NBA analyst Kenny Smith dishes tips for success.
- Works on most surfaces including carpets.
- ESRB Rating: Everyone 10+.
- ESRB Descriptor(s): Mild Lyrics.
Ready to Enter? You have multiple options to win using the Rafflecopter Widget below!
Winner will be chosen at random on, about, or after December 18, 2012. Giveaway open to U.S. Residents age 18+ only, void where prohibited. Prize provided by Majesco Entertainment, and shipped by The Rock Father. Not guaranteed for Holiday Delivery. Please do not enter if you do not have an XBOX 360 and KINECT, as both are required to play the game. Good Luck! Can’t wait to see if you’ve won? Pick up a copy of NBA BALLER BEATS at Walmart or Target right now!
NBA Baller Beats full track list:
- “Access Hollywood” – Consequence
- “Autobiotics” – Calling All Cars
- “Canon” – Justice
- “Championship Fever” – Najee
- “Disparate Youth” – Santigold
- “Don’t Sweat the Technique” – Eric B. and Raki
- “Get Ur Freak On” – Missy Elliott
- “It’s Ok” – Cee-Lo Green
- “Music Makes Me Feel So Good” – Static Revenger
- “Night By Night” – Chromeo
- “O.N.E.” – Yeasayer
- “Roll Up” – Wiz Khalifa
- “Satellite” – Rise Against
- “So Good” – B.o.B.]
- “Surf Hell” – Little Barrie
- “Amazing” – Kanye West ft. Young Jeezy
- “Another One Bites the Dust” – Queen
- “Bangarang” – Skrillex ft. Sirah
- “Blue Sky” – Common
- “Bust A Move” – Young MC
- “Chillin” – Wale ft. Lady Gaga
- “C’Mon Catch ‘Em By Surprise” – Tiesto vs. Diplo ft. Busta Rhymes
- “It’s Tricky” – Run DMC
- “Let It (Edit Remix)” – Machine Drum ft. Melo X
- “New Fang” – Them Crooked Vultures
- “Obstacle 1” – Interpol
- “Party Rock Anthem” – LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett and GoonRock
- “Slam” – Onyx
- “Stylo” – Gorillaz
- “Tightrope” – Janelle Monae