Updated: The full webcast can now be viewed below.
I know that there’s at least a few car enthusiast readers out there that will dig this, so I apologize for the short notice. TODAY (September 8, 2014) at 1:30pm Rock Father HQ time (that’s Central Time), the all-new JAGUAR XE will be unveiled at a secret location somewhere in London along the Thames. The whole thing will be webcast LIVE via this link. Here’s more on what to expect, direct from the Jaguar crew…
The star studded global reveal will feature an exclusive appearance by Emeli Sandé performing from a secret location alongside the Thames. The multi-platinum, British singer-songwriter created the song especially for the launch and the FEEL XE project. In order to secure inspiration for the song, Emeli and Jaguar asked the public “What makes you feel Exhilarated?”. Using #FEELXE the public shared words, pictures, sounds and films with Emeli through social media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).
The Earls Court show will be narrated by actor John Hannah and will also feature special performances from artists including Emeli Sandé The Kaiser Chiefs and Eliza Doolittle.
A live webcast will feature a series of dramatic stunts and events across the Capital to mark the global unveil of the new Jaguar.
The Jaguar XE is a true sports saloon with class-leading dynamics, refinement and technology. It is also the most fuel efficient Jaguar ever to achieve over 75mpg.
Jaguar will bring levels of innovation never seen before in this segment – with its lightweight construction expertise and sophisticated chassis technology in addition to the new family of Ingenium engines – all designed, engineered and manufactured in the UK.
Built around an all-new, aluminium-intensive architecture, the XE combines thrilling performance, agile handling and precise, responsive steering, with outstanding levels of refinement and fuel efficiency.
About the new Jaguar XE:
- The XE is a true sports saloon with class-leading dynamics, refinement and technology
- The most fuel efficient Jaguar ever to achieve over 75mpg
- The Jaguar XE brings new levels of aluminium-intensive lightweight construction expertise to the segment
- New aluminium alloy invented: RC5754 uses highly recycled aluminium to dramatically reduce energy consumption and lifecycle CO2
- The high strength, rigid body enables world class driving dynamics – with supple ride and precise handling
- The finely-honed F-TYPE-derived front suspension delivers accurate and immediate response
- State-of-the-art electric power steering system delivers renowned Jaguar feel and response
- Precise handling and high-quality ride is assured with Integral Link rear suspension; a layout designed for optimum performance, comfort and control
- World-first All Surface Progress Control system ensures rear-wheel drive traction from standstill even in extreme conditions
As a proper villain, I do hope to experience the new Jaguar XE in-person in the near future. Stay tuned…