Memorial Day is coming. Father’s Day is looming. With outdoor activities about to ramp-up, families will be hitting the yard and the deck for some gardening and grilling, and for those looking for something a little bit… different, here’s a selection of five crazy items that you won’t find at the local “Big Box” (sorry Walmart & Target), but you will find over at ThinkGeek…
THE ROCK FATHER is a ThinkGeek Affiliate…
When you want to be the undisputed master of grilling on your block, nothing says “BBQ badass” like this collection of items that will ensure that your neighbors know that you mean business when it comes to your charred foods.
- Tactical Chef Apron
- TGX Tactical Fork (Laser-Equipped)
- Laser-Guided Pizza Cutter
Who says those lovable gnomes are immune to whatever causes zombieism? They’re not, and these statues prove it. Bring the undead to your garden with these little guys… but even here we have a survivor, and he’s not putting up with any of those undead scum. Four styles available.
More zombies? Why not! Based on the popular mobile game, these PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES lawn ornaments are available separately, or as a set – with the Pea Shooter and Zombie ready to face off upon the lush green (or completely weed-infested) lawn you provide for them as a battlefield.
Wanna mess with people’s perspective on Instagram and Pinterest? Grab one of these bird feeders and completely throw off their sense of scale. Shaped like an old-fashioned tire swing, you can make it look like you have some massive birds coming to visit. This thing holds a half cup of seed, and is a ton of fun.
So here’s the deal: You have some hardcore gardening to do, and you want to break out the machete to get rid of that brush. Then you want a video game military-style shovel to turn the soil in your raised beds… and then more zombies show up. What do you do? You make sure you’ve got the ZD-80 on-hand for when things get just as crazy as Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne in the 1989 BATMAN movie (or the DREAM TEAM).
This has the following:
- SOGfari Tanto Minichete – 3Cr13 steel knife, overall length 16″, blade length 10″
- SOG Entrenching Tool – steel shovel, extends to 18.25″, folds down to 7.25″
- F.R.E.D. Flashing Roadside Emergency Disk – compact light for signaling or emergencies
- Vapur Eclipse Anti-Bottle – Blue – foldable, reusable water bottle
- Folding Knife and Flashlight Combo includes
- One-hand opening knife, overall length 7.5″, titanium blade length 3″ + belt cutter, glass breaker, and pocket clip
- Aircraft-grade aluminum LED flashlight, 25 lumens, 3.75″ length, requires 1 AA battery (not included)
- Rescue Portable USB Battery Pack – 1350mAh – Provides 3+ hours of talk time on a smartphone, 3.7″ X 2.5″ x .7″
- 5 Watt Solar Panel – recharge that battery pack from the sun, 7″ x 6.5″ x 1.5″ (folded)
- M48 Kommando 24 Piece Ultimate Survival Kit