As someone who writes about toys often (both here at The Rock Father™ Magazine and also over at The Toy Insider), I see a lot of new stuff. With that, I’ve been digging ABC’s THE TOY BOX, in which independent toy creators find themselves vying for the attention of the judges in hopes of being crowned champion. At the end of the 8-week series, the winning toy will be produced by Mattel and sold exclusively at Toys “R” Us. Check out a preview of the week five toys below…
THE TOY BOX – Week Six – Passionate inventors with big dreams present toy concepts that include a candy press, an adorable curly-haired doll, and a simple game with an old-school feel, on an all-new episode of ABC’s THE TOY BOX, airing on FRIDAY, MAY 12 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network. Sorta like Shark Tank with kids, Modern Family‘s Eric Stonestreet hosts the 8-episode series, while Sophia Grace Brownlee (“The Ellen Degeneres Show”), Aalyrah Caldwell (“Uncle Buck”), Toby Grey (“The Unexpected John Cena Prank”) and Noah Ritter (“The Ellen Degeneres Show”) serve as judges.
This week’s toy inventions include:
- Candy Krusher – a candy press that molds sweet treats into fun shapes. Inventor: Barry from Dallas, Texas
- Connectimals – lovable plush toys with interchangeable magnetic parts. Inventor: Kurt and Hannah from Westfield, Wisconsin
- Bitblocks – a construction toy that utilizes only one type of block. Inventor: Will from Portland, Oregon
- Curly Girls United – a unique doll that celebrate girls with curly hair. Inventor: Margaret from Tinley Park, Illinois
- Quadball – a skill and action game with a nostalgic feel. Inventor: Chris from Huntington Beach, California
Who will make it to THE TOY BOX? Tune-in tonight to find out!
Want first dibs on the winning toy? Pre-order now from Toys “R” Us!