Adventure. Being parents of two little girls, adventure is something we witness daily – fueled by the kind of imaginative space that we only wish we could re-live. To be a kid and be able to view the world as an infinitely big space filled with mystery is something that I miss, but seeing the girls have those experiences is something to behold. The Netflix Original Series DRAGONS: RACE TO THE EDGE (set in the world of HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON) is all about adventure, too – and as a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam, a mystery box recently arrived here at Rock Father HQ… and guess what? It’s contents were all about adventure, and they led to a special edition episode of UNBOXED for #RockFatherTV. Check this out…
There’s adventure galore on Netflix this month, and as always there’s a few other picks that myself and The Rock Daughters have to share. Here’s Five Picks for Late July:
- SOFIA THE FIRST: Disney Junior’s huge hit is daily viewing here. After all, Sofia is a “brave adventurer” herself.
- H2O: MERMAID ADVENTURES – SEASON 2: Based on the Australian live-action series H2O: JUST ADD WATER (which skews to old for my girls), this animated series is a new addition to our Netflix queue. My girls love mermaids – simple as that.
- CURIOUS GEORGE 3: BACK TO THE JUNGLE – The third animated feature based on the perennial PBS KIDS hit has also scored big here. Just-released on all formats by Universal, this one finds the little monkey heading to outer space and back.
- MARVEL’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Despite all the coverage and work I do with Disney and MARVEL, this ABC hit has escaped me until now. I tend to have a real hard time committing to a regular and long-running series, but I’ve finally begun making my way through it on Netflix.
- CHEF: Oddly enough, I first saw Jon Favreau’s CHEF at an outdoor screening overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Dana Point, California… surrounded by some of the food trucks that inspired the film.It was an event hosted by KIA Motors, and now that the film has made its way onto Netflix, I can’t recommend it enough… for grownups, of course.
Bonus Pick: WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER: FIRST DAY OF CAMP debuts on July 31st. It stars almost every actor in Hollywood, and I’m totally on-board. It’s definitely a grownups-only title. Check out a preview here on THE ROCK FATHER Magazine.
THE ROCK FATHER is a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam, bringing you news, features and updates about streaming content.