For the past 12 years, the Chicago Toy & Game Fair has been presenting families with the largest event of it’s kind in the U.S. that’s actually open to the public – a chance to test out and buy some of this year’s hottest toys and games to kick-off the holiday season, all while meeting and mingling with the folks that actually create and make the things we play with. This will be my third year covering ChiTAG on THE ROCK FATHER (Read: 2013, 2012), and with the show taking place at the end of next week, the excitement is building. While Optimus Prime is known for telling the Autobots to “Roll Out!,” Hasbro is rolling into ChiTAG with one of the stars of this summer’s TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION – the bright yellow Chevrolet Camaro known to kids and grownups alike as BUMBLEBEE. But that’s just one of the many cool goings-on set to take place at Navy Pier, and I’ve got the run-down for you below, along with discount coupons and a chance to WIN TICKETS to the show!
Highlights of the 2014 Chicago Toy & Game Fair Include:
- Spin Master is bringing a life-size T-Rex from Erth’s Dinosaur Zoo to help support Zoomer Dino – one of this year’s hottest toys as featured in my 2014 Holiday Wish Guide here on THE ROCK FATHER.
- Autobot Bumblebee from the TRANSFORMERS joins Hasbro at ChiTAG
- The National Championship Tournament for RUMMIKUB – with the winner receiving round trip tickets to Germany thanks to Pressman Toy and Goliath Games.
- SETTLERS OF CATAN Qualifer Tournament- one of the largest in the nation, with nearly 100 players pre-registered.
- JENGA Inventor Leslie Scott is giving copies of her book ABOUT JENGA to the first 1000 attendees.
- The Annual STAR WARS Lunch will bring treats from A Galaxy Far, Far Away.
- The Illinois State Yo-Yo Championship
- More surprises!
Exhibitors and sponsors include some favorites of mine such as Hasbro, Spin Master Toys, HEXBUG and Razor (they actually used a ChiTAG picture of my oldest daughter on their socials last year), along with folks like Mayfair Games, Ravensburger, Rainbow Loom and more.
PRINT THIS COUPON FOR SAVINGS
Important Details: November 22 & 23, 2014 – Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. & Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Navy Pier, 2nd Floor Festival Hall A (far east end of the Pier) Chicago, IL
Enter to Win Family Passes to ChiTAG:
Use the Rafflecopter Widget below (it will guide you), starting with the first (mandatory) entry method – Leave a Disqus comment on this post that shares your answer to the following:
QUESTION: What is your favorite toy of all-time?
After that, you can complete social actions for additional, completely optional entries. Please Note: By entering giveaways on The Rock Father, you agree to comply with my fairness policy.
The Fine Print:
Promotion open to residents of the U.S. only, ages 18+, void where prohibited. I will choose a few families at random based on all eligible entries received on or about November 14 and November 20, and tickets will be provided via email. You must live close enough to attend, please note that parking, travel, accommodations are not provided – which should be common sense, but I’m telling you anyway just so that there is no doubt. Good Luck, and I hope to see you at the Fair!