It’s hard to believe that we’re five months into 2014 already, and even more hard to believe for this chronically out-of-shape writer is that we’re nearly six months into The Rock Father’s 2014 Fitness Challenge. It’s been slow and steady, but as we approach June, I’ve lost nearly 25 pounds so far this year… but I’m not just losing weight – I’m getting into shape. Two months ago, I joined a gym and added a four night-a-week workout routine into the mix – and running is a part of that. But before doing anything, I sometimes have to remind myself not to skip breakfast (something I’ve been known to do as I wrangle the girls in the morning), and something I’ve enjoyed on occasion are the belVita Breakfast Biscuits. Now, belVita and Runner’s World have teamed-up to offer runners of all levels advice to make the most of their morning run, and in turn have partnered with THE ROCK FATHER for a fantastic giveaway to celebrate!
Tips for making the most of your morning run from belVita Breakfast Biscuits and Runner’s World
- Prep the night before. Set the coffeemaker to brew before you awake and position your alarm clock out of arm’s reach to ensure that you get out of bed to turn it off. To make it even easier to get out of bed and hit the pavement, try sleeping in your running clothes.
- Make breakfast count. Prepare for your morning run by eating a balanced breakfast. A delicious and convenient option is crunchy belVita Breakfast Biscuits, low-fat Greek yogurt and a piece of fruit. The protein from the yogurt paired with the steady energy from the biscuits provides nutrition to tackle your run.
- Run with a friend. Make a commitment to run with a partner in the morning. Not only will doing so decrease the likelihood of canceling a run altogether but it will also help make getting into the habit of working out first thing in the morning easier.
- Wear the right gear. Wear bright colors from head to toe with plenty of reflective accents in case you are running prior to sunrise. While the sun is most powerful from 12pm-4pm in the afternoon, a hat and sunglasses should still be worn in the morning for extra protection.
- Relax, and have fun. When running, relax your jawbone, unclench your fists and bring your shoulders down from being hunched around your ears. Not only will doing this free up some of your body’s energy but it will also make you feel more comfortable overall.
Ready for a Chance to WIN a belVita Prize Pack that includes the following?
- belVita branded backpack
- Variety of crunchy belVita Breakfast Biscuits
- Running socks
- Workout towel
- Running headband
Use the Rafflecopter Widget below (it will guide you), starting with the first (mandatory) entry method – Scroll down and Leave a comment that shares your answer to the following:
QUESTION: What is one fitness goal that you’d love to achieve?
After that, you can complete social actions for additional, completely optional entries. Please Note: By entering giveaways on The Rock Father, you agree to comply with my fairness policy.
The Fine Print:
Promotion open to residents of the U.S. only, ages 18+, void where prohibited. Winner will be chosen on, about, or after June 15, 2014, and will be notified via email to obtain their shipping address. If no response within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen. Prize will be provided and shipped by belVita.
1980s-style Disclaimer: Many will enter, few will win! Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery of prizing (seriously, probably not that long), The Rock Father is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages. In the rare occasion that a prize does not arrive (which, sadly, has happened), you have no remedy other than moving on.