From May 15-17, The Steampunk World’s Fair will be “firing up pistons and stoking the blast furnace” for a sixth year in Piscataway, New Jersey. Presenting activities for the entire family (including Gailia’s Slightly Perilous Children’s Wonderland for the younger kids) split between two hotels and beyond, this year’s fest will be inhabited by craftspeople, costumers, artists, writers, musicians, circus performers and more – all creating a magical experience steeped in Victorian Sci-Fi.
Highlights of the 2015 Steampunk World’s Fair Include:
- A full lineup of panels including “O Gothic Novel How I Cannot Help But Love Thee”, “Poison Apples and Pretty Witches”, “Field Guide to the Cthulhu Mythos”, “Superhuman: Stories of Houdini” and a trio of bone chilling presentations on Edgar Allan Poe
- Meet International Best Selling Author Gail Carriger (Soulless, Waistcoats & Weaponry and her newest release, The Custard Protocol Book 1)
- The Corsettes Burlesque and Cabaret Troupe
- Quick and the Dead Quick-Draw Competition
- Aerial Acrobat Azkadelia The Mad Hattress
- The Princess Bride Interactive Screening
- Galia’s Slightly Perilous Children’s Wonderland
- HVBRIS Fire Performance Troupe
- Gentleman Badass Professor Donnelly’s Workshops entitled “Kicking Ass in a Corset” and “Shillelagh and Irish Stick Fighting”
- Music from the amazing Emperor Norton’s Stationary Marching Band, the unforgettable This Way to the Egress and the show stopping phenomenon, Steam Powered Giraffe!
Would you like to know more? Check out http://steampunkworldsfair.com/