“Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey, ” a feature-length documentary will have its world premiere during the South by Southwest Film Festival (SXSW®), being held in Austin, Texas, March 11-19, 2016. The documentary, a bonus feature on the upcoming Digital HD and Blu-ray Combo Pack release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is an inside look at the making of this epic movie, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers.
The documentary will be shown at the Paramount Theatre in downtown Austin on Monday, March 14, at 12:00 p.m. Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ BAFTA Award–winning and Academy Award®–nominatedvisual effects supervisor Roger Guyett, Academy Award®–nominated supervising sound editor Matthew Wood and co-producer Michelle Rejwan will be on hand for a Q&A following the screening.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens shattered box office records upon its debut to become the cinematic event of a generation with over $926 million domestic and $2 billion worldwide.
The epic movie will be available to own early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on April 1, and is available on iTunes and other digital providers for pre-order now. It comes home on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 5.
If you missed it, check out THE ROCK FATHER’s Coverage of THE FORCE AWAKENS Launch:
- That’s Right, R2… We’re Going to the Global Press Event for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS!
- A Visit to a Galaxy Far, Far Away… or STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Global Press Event
- Interview: Harrison Ford (Han Solo)
- Interview: Daisy Ridley (Rey)
- Interview: John Boyega (Finn)
- Interview: Kathleen Kennedy, head of Lucasfilm
- Interview: Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) & Lupita Nyong’o (Maz Kanata)
- Interview: Filmmaker J.J. Abrams
- Fandango Family Movie Review – STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS